Manna Community CIC is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children and young people. Manna Community CIC recognises its responsibility to take all reasonable steps to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation. Paid staff and volunteers will endeavour to work together to encourage the development of an ethos which embraces difference and diversity and respects the rights of children, young people and adults.
Manna Community CIC will:
- Ensure that all workers understand their legal and moral obligations to protect children and young people from harm, abuse and exploitation
- Develop best practice in relation to the recruitment of all workers
- Ensure that all workers understand their responsibility to work to the standards and procedures detailed in the Manna Community CIC Code of Conduct, Code of Good Practice and the Child Protection Procedures
- Ensure that all workers understand their obligations to report care or protection concerns about a child/young person, or a worker’s conduct towards a child/young person, to the Manna Community CIC designated person for child protection
- Ensure that all procedures relating to the conduct of workers are implemented in a consistent and equitable manner
- Ensure that the designated person understands his/her responsibility to refer any child protection concerns to the statutory child protection agencies (i.e. Police and/or Social Work)
- Provide opportunities for all workers to develop their skills and knowledge particularly in relation to the care and protection of children and young people
- Ensure that children and young people are enabled to express their ideas and views on a wide range of issues and will have access to the Manna Community CIC Complaints Procedure
- Ensure that parents/carers are encouraged to be involved in the work of the Action Partners and, when requested, have access to all guidelines and procedures
- Endeavour to keep up-to-date with national developments relating to the care and protection of children and young people
Manna Community CIC will review this policy every 5 years.
If you are working as part of a Manna Community CIC service, project or event that involves working with children and young people, then please contact us for information about Child Protection.